The darkling tag!

Simple Questions:
  • What is your favorite candle scent? There's this candle by Yankee Candle and it's called dreamy summer nights. To me it's a very calming scent and there's vanilla and some wood in there, so I love it. 
  • Do you have a favorite book? There's too many. I absolutely love Harry Potter though, and I have a fascination for Dutch writer Oek de Jong.
  • Are you a tea or coffee person? Tea and even then I'm still very picky. Coffee does bad things to my digestive system though.
  • What is your favorite brand and color of lipstick? Lovecraft, by Kat von D is probably my favourite shade, because it's the perfect nude for me and I can pair it with any look and it'll still look great. I really like Kat von D's lipsticks in general, but I also love Mac lipsticks. 
  • What is your favorite perfume/cologne? Le petite robe noire - black perfecto, by Guerlain.
  • Do you have a celebrity crush? Mads Mikkelsen, who portrayed Hannibal Lecter.
  • If you had to give up the color black, what color would you choose instead? Purples.
  • If you could change your name to a stereotypical 90s/2000s gothy name, what would it be? I literally have no idea. I didn't have internet access until '04/'05 and grew up in a small village in The Netherlands. I didn't even know this subculture existed until I was 15.
  • What are your top three tips for surviving hot weather while black clad? Light (as in: the thickness of the materials) fabrics, wear a hat and don't forget sunscreen!
  • What song will always make you happy (doesn’t have to be a goth band)? Anything disco. It's my guilty pleasure.
  • Are you active in the arts (ex. Play an instrument, paint, write, etc)? I write and I dabble a little in photography as well.
  • If you had a teacup or mug made inscribed just for you, what would you have it say? Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.
  • What is your number one non-gothy hobby? Playing videogames and yoga, probably.
Disco is one of my guilty pleasures.

Thought Provokers:
  • If you could be a supernatural creature, what would it be and why? Probably an elf. I've had a fascination for them since I was little.
  • What horror monster-based super power would you have? Does being able to turn yourself into a bat count?
  • Do you feel confident or comfortable interacting with other Goths or gothy people (online or irl)? Why or why not? I have difficulty dealing with new people in general. It gives me so much anxiety, so that wouldn't be any different around goth people.
  • Which is more important for a look: Great hair or great makeup? For me personally it's makeup, but only because my hair tends to do whatever it wants to do, instead of what I want it to do, so I've kind of given up on that.
  • Is there something you wish there was more of in your subculture? I still have difficulty with fitting in with just one subculture, because my sense of style tends to be all over the place. I like the goth aesthetic and I can be seen dressed in a way that many would call goth quite often, but just as often I'm dressed in a way that no one would ever call goth. I do like the general goth aesthetic best and I really enjoy the music as well (though I don't exclusively like this type of music). I'm always kind of scared of not fitting in, because it's not 100% one thing or another you know. It's lots of things, all of the time, and I think that confuses a lot of people. 
  • Care to share an embarrassing story related to your “darkliness“? The way I dressed back when I first discovered alternative fashion has pretty much given me enough embarrassment for a lifetime.
  • How are you at DIY? I can put a button back on and that's it.
  • Quickly describe your ideal wedding. It would be small and intimate, either in spring or early autumn and at a classy venue, like a castle or something. 
A picture of a pretty castle.

Confessional (aka True or False):
  • I love watching cheesy romance films. False. This is probably the one genre I never ever reach for, because I dislike them so much.
  • I ALWAYS remember to wash off my makeup at night. True. I have acne prone skin, so not doing this is waking up with my face covered in pimples the following day.
  • I sleep with plushies. I have a really cute octopus one, so true. I don't actually cuddle with it when going to sleep though, it just lies in my bed.
  • I wear non-black pajamas most nights. True. Most are actually quite brightly coloured and fun.
  • I still listen to a boy band that had disbanded years ago. I was never a huge fan of any boy band. The Spice Girls though...
  • I think Andrew Eldritch is overrated. False.
  • I don’t like vampires. False, but I am very specific about the vampires I like. 
  • I don’t like clubs. I'm not entirely sure. There is literally no alternative/goth scene where I live, so I might enjoy those kinds of clubs whereas I don't enjoy regular ones.
  • I’m dating a goth/darkly-inclined person. False. My boyfriend is very much into metal and he used to dress like that as well, but in more recent years has adopted a more mainstream sense of style (and there is nothing wrong with that). 
  • I don’t enjoy graveyards. I have mixed feelings about graveyards. I lost my mother when I was 17, and we buried her, so I tend to associate graveyards with missing her and mourning her loss. I do also think that they're very serene places and they can be beautiful as well.
  • Blood makes me queasy. False.
  • I’d sooner faint than pet a spider. Depends on its size and whether it's poisonous or not. 
  • I don’t like haunted houses. Obviously.
  • I still browse Hot Topic’s clearance racks. We don't have Hot Topic here, so false.
  • I’ve never read Dracula. False. I read it a couple of years ago and loved it.
  • I think “Bela Lugosi’s Dead” is a long and boring song. False. I love that song. 

Feel free to also do this tag if you feel like it!

Reacties

  1. Oooh! I think I might do this tag too! I love these things. :)

    www.thewalrusroomblog.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I also love yoga and videogames! Thanks for making this! It was fun to do and I love reading everyone's responses!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Een reactie plaatsen

Populaire berichten